Cover Letter for Sales & Marketing Jobs
A cover letter is one of the essential document which is drafted in order to apply for any job vacancy in any of the reputed organization. It acts as a career booster for any job seeker. The main purpose of drafting a cover letter is to schedule an interview with the recruiter, as the first step towards job search. For drafting a cover letter, you should stick to some of the important points that include:
- The cover letter should highlight the essential part of your resume in a positive manner.
- The cover letter should be short and precise with relevant information.
- The information entered in the cover letter should be correct and to the best of your knowledge.
- The cover letter should be presented in an attractive and professional manner, so that the recruiter may be compelled to schedule an interview with you.
In short, the cover letter can be defined as the short summary of your resume, which should be presented in such a manner that it should catch the interest of the recruiter.
Cover letter is basically divided into 3 sections:
- Introduction section: you mention the main objective of the cover letter, which includes the job position for which you are applying.
- Informative section: you should write about your skill set, present and past experience, achievements, extra-curricular activities, educational details and contact details.
- Conclusion section: includes the salutation to the recruiter for their valuable time and consideration in going through the cover letter. Also show your interest in joining the organization and try to convince the recruiter for an interview session with them.
Therefore, a cover letter serves as an important factor in the getting a good job in any reputed organization.
Sample Reference Letter for Suggestion
1126 16th St. NW, Ste. 1000,
Washington, DC 20036,
Date: October 15, 2011.
Mr. Alex Roland,
Wilkinson Marketing and Sales Inc,
176, Industrial Street,
New York, NY 12345-6789.
Dear Mr. Roland,
I am drafting this letter with reference to Mr. Roger Peterson, who is a senior sales manager in Phoenix Marketing and Sales Inc. This letter is regarding the job opening of senior sales clerk in your organization. I had earlier worked under Mr. Peterson and, according to his advice, I am contacting you regarding this job opening. Currently I am working in Zenith Marketing and Sales for the last 4 years, as sales clerk, and I am very much interested to join your organization. I have a good communication skill and problem solving technique. I am sure that my experience and skill set would surely help in the development and will be an added advantage to this organization. Working with this organization will surely help me in the growth of my career to a great extent.
I have completed graduation in Commerce (Statistics being the subsidiary paper) from International School of Commerce (ISC). I have also completed Master's of Business Management (MBA) in Marketing from Stanford University. The rest of the details i.e. my professional experience, personal details, achievements, past experience, and hobbies are contained in the resume that is enclosed with this letter.
I would be very glad if you recommend me for this post. If you have any query regarding my profile, please call me up or email me, whichever is convenient. I would be eagerly waiting for your reply. Looking forward to meet you in future.
Resume – myresume.doc
Copies of the graduation and post graduation certificate
Refer to the above sample reference cover letter for suggestion, and you will get a clear idea of how to draft a cover letter and what are the things that are essential for drafting a cover letter.