Sales Manager Cover Letter
A sales manager job is quite challenging because of its nature and demands. Candidates who wish to pursue a career in this field need to hold a dynamic personality to motive the team and also provide new strategies to achieve the targets. A Sales Manager cover letter should include all the said skills and the job responsibilities undertaken in the past for the employer to get a clear picture of the candidate's potential and what the candidate can bring on board.
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Kenneth C. Charron,
56 Bridge Avenue,
Lafayette, LA 70583,
Date: August 30, 2008.
Mr. Johnny K. Stone,
125 Cimmaron Road,
Lafayette, LA 70583.
Dear Mr. Stone,
I would like to be considered for an interview for the position of a Sales Manager in your reputed organization. I have a letter of reference from Mr. Dennis Stanford, a former colleague of yours, which is attached herewith for your reference.
Here is a brief review of what I can offer to your organization:
I assure you that I would bring the same enthusiasm to increase the company's turnover and support my co-workers in their efforts. You are most welcome to call me at your own convenience to set up an interview at a mutually agreed time.
- New Business Development: In my last organization I brought 40 new customers during the last six months alone.
- Growth: There had been a 20% increase in sales that I achieved last year.
- Leadership: Working as a Sales Manager my team members have a lot of respect for me. The same is mentioned in the letter of reference. Apart from this I also created a mentorship program to imbibe leadership skills among my colleagues.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Kenneth C. Charron.
2. Reference letter
Sample Sales Manager Cover Letter
Blake C. Ortega,
3034 Hilltop Street,
Dalton, MA 01226,
Date: September 27, 2011.
Mr. Pete R. Harrigan,
Bennett & Sons,
3789 Eden Drive,
Richmond, VA 23233.
Dear Mr. Harrigan,
Mr. Charles Simpson, advised me to apply for the post of a Sales Manager in your firm. I would like to be part of Bennett & Sons and would be glad to take this position.
I have two years of experience working as a Sales Manager for Duncan's Pvt. Ltd., and I think that the profile as discussed with Mr. Simpson, completely matches my current job profile. I could assure you that I can even exceed your expectation in certain areas which makes me the most eligible candidate for the said post.
I have been organizing and leading a team of 12 sales representatives. Some of my duties include:
- Setting targets for the team as well as individual representatives as per guidelines.
- Developing strategies and setting the sales targets.
- Monitoring the team's performance and motivating them to achieve the desired goals and targets.
- Recruiting staff as well as training them with sales techniques.
- Following the current market trends and collecting and reviewing the customers feedback.
- Collating up-to-date information of competitors and their products.
I hope that I fit all the criteria and requirements from your end and I assure you that your sales figures will only show a rising graph with my past track record and my performances. I have a proven track record which has only shown a gradual increase in the past 12 months.
I would like to meet you in person to present my records and the strategies I follow to increase sales. If you have any queries, please feel free to call me on the above number. I can also provide you with references, from my colleagues and reporting managers, for you to get a clear picture of my work ethics.
I thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
Blake C. Ortega.