Restaurant managers work towards the smooth functioning of a restaurant. Their job involves taking decisions and looking after every possible detail to make sure that the business runs into profits without hampering its reputation and standards. Looking after the inventory, the staff, maintaining good relationships with the customers, looking after the budget, maintaining records, prioritizing work and increasing the standard of the service are some of the many duties that a restaurant manager performs. The job is quite demanding and involves accurate decision making, planning and leading the staff. A cover letter for restaurant manager jobs should include all these skills. It should highlight their persona as a manager and what they can bring to the business.
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Robert H. Pedrick,
835 Grim Avenue,
San Diego, CA 92103,
Date: August 13, 2008.
Mr. Robert C. Woodard,
Garlic n Ginger,
4499 Hillcrest Drive,
Boston, MA 01109.
Dear Mr. Woodard
I am presently working as a restaurant manager for the Crown Inn Restaurant in the Carlisle area and am going to be shifting to Boston city in the last week of this month. I read about the advertisement for the post of a manager for one for your newly opened restaurants and am very much interested to join your new organization from my former Chili's family Border restaurant.
Following are few highlights of my experience that strongly match with the objectives you are seeking:
- Liable for the smooth operations of restaurant and equipment and lounge areas.
- Offer full satisfaction to the customer including dealing with complaints, meeting, planning and special reservations. Our restaurant has ranked in the top 10% nationally in this area.
- Handle lounge area and restaurant equipments.
- Control and supervise restaurant and lounge staff.
- Manage assigned responsibilities, disciplining, scheduling, training, hiring, evaluating, and mentoring for future promotion possibilities. Our restaurant has had the lowest expenditure in the state, compared to any restaurant in our corporate family.
- Responsible for executing budget responsibilities that include target working hours, forecasts, labor forecasting, cost control, profit and loss accountability, just in-time purchasing and inventories.
I am a very successful in doing all my duties and feel that I am the most suitable candidate for this job post. I hope to hear from you soon.
Robert H. Pedrick.
Restaurant Manager Sample Letter
Harold K. Greenwood,
1958 Pointe Lane,
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33311,
Date: October 7, 2011.
Mr. Benjamin S. Book,
2900 Robinson Court,
Barryton, MI 49305.
Dear Mr. Book,
With reference to your advertisement dated, September 25, 2011, for the post of a Restaurant Manager, attached is my resume for your perusal.
I have been in this profession for the past 5 years and I am completely aware of the duties and responsibilities of a Restaurant Manager. I am excellent at managing people, scheduling, maintaining records, accounting and budgeting.
Some of my job responsibilities include:
- Estimate the quality and quantity of food and beverages.
- Maintaining good relationships with the staff as well as customers.
- Schedule the working hours for staff and their activities.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Include healthy and safety practices to upgrade standards.
- Analyze information and schedule the budgeting.
- Maintain records of inventory.
- Perform the administrative duties.
- Looking after food menus and upgrading them on a timely fashion.
- Implement new ideas and practices.
- Make decisions and solve problems for the smooth running of business.
- Innovate new ideas to match with the changing trends and standards.
I would like to meet you for a personal interview to discuss the duties in detail and would also wish to hear your expectations from the job. If you have any queries, please call me on the above telephone number to arrange for a mutually convenient time to meet.
I thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
Harold K. Greenwood.