Receptionist Cover Letters
In this section you will find sample receptionist cover letters. Cover letters in this section are focused on receptionist jobs.
You will find recruitment of receptionist job profile in every industry. Receptionists need to manage the front desk, attend the clients and other visitors that visit the office and perform other office duties. Receptionist is the first person whom you meet when you visit any organization. Hence, the generalized requirement for a receptionist job would be a pleasant personality, proficiency in doing office clerical front office work, and attending and keeping track of the visitors. Your receptionist cover letters should include details such as the exact job opening you are applying for, and your skills and work experience that make you eligible for the job.
Instructions to write the receptionist cover letters are as follows:
- Before you start drafting your cover letter, go through the company's site and get information about the company and the job opening you are applying for. Knowing the pre-requisites of the job opening, you would be able to include these details in your cover letter.
- Send your cover letter to the concerned person. If you don't know the name and designation of the concerned person, then find these details through the company's website or by calling up on the company's number. Avoid mentioning generic statements such as 'to whomsoever it may concern' or 'Dear Sir/Madam'. Personalizing your cover letter will provide you with better chances of getting the job.
- In the introduction of the cover letter, mention that you are applying for the post of receptionist. Mention the skills gained though previous work experience that makes you the apt candidate for the job. If you are applying for receptionist job in a specific area such as hospital, then mention the skills gained through your previous work experience that would help you in the current job. If you have previous work experience as a receptionist in a hospital, then mention skills specific for receptionist in a hospital so that you stay a step ahead of the competition.
- In the body of the cover letter, highlight your skills and work experience. Let the employer know how you will be an asset to the company. Mention your knowledge about the company's background and your awareness about the responsibilities of the receptionist. Mention your adaptability to work in different work environment, mention your multi-tasking skills and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency is an essential part of a receptionist job. Provide the list of computer software you can use and your proficiency level in using them. Mention your typing speed and proficiency to use office software such as Ms Word, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Access, and Ms Excel. You can mention you knowledge of other softwares as well. Those candidates, who have been trained for receptionist job, can mention the training details in the cover letter. If you have received any awards for excellent performance during work or training, mention it in your cover letter.
- When you are concluding your cover letter, ask for an opportunity to attend an interview. Let the employer know that you are waiting for their reply. Be grateful and thank the employer for considering you for the particular job opening.
- End the letter in a professional manner using proper etiquettes. Mention your regards, sign the document and provide your name below the signature.
- Include the list of documents enclosed with the cover letter. For example: resume.
The sample receptionist cover letters provided on this site can be used as reference. You can draft unique cover letters, customized according to the job requirements by using the sample cover letters. Read the cover letter and make necessary changes if required. Update your cover letter before applying for any new job opening.