Cover Letter for Students
Cover letter is one of the important document that helps in the job search. It is drafted in a professional manner, highlighting your credentials in a positive manner. A cover letter serves as a job booster in getting an interview call from any reputed organization. One of the important aspect of a cover letter is that it is never sent alone, i.e. it is attached with a resume. Thank you cover letter is sent to the employer after attending any interview or campus interview. While drafting the cover letter, some of the points need to be taken care of, such as:
- The cover letter should be short and precise with correct sentence construction. Do not use lengthy paragraph.
- There should not be any grammatical errors.
- Be consistent in the formatting i.e. the whole cover letter should have the same formatting.
- Use the tool spell-check for checking the spellings, as the cover letter with wrong spelling will create a negative feeling in the mind of the recruiter, and they may ignore your application.
- Describe your credentials, present and past experience, skills set in a positive manner and try to focus on them.
- Create a cover letter in a professional and attractive manner, so that it catches the eyes of the recruiter by its first look.
- Use simple and easy language i.e. avoid the use of flowery and complex language.
Thank You Cover Letter After a Campus Interview
9845, East 99 Street,
Carlisle, MA 99901,
Date: October 31, 2011.
Mr. Andrew Richardson,
234, Real Estate,
Fresno, California – 77725.
Dear Mr. Richardson,
Thank you a lot for providing such a wonderful opportunity to meet you in the interview for the position of junior programmer in ABS Technologies. I was very eager to join your organization, as it holds a dignity in the current market. As discussed in the interview, I will be sending an email along with the attached documents for your reference.
As I do not have much industry experience, I would surely use my potential and best effort for the growth and success of the company. If you have any queries, please do call me up or you can reply to this email. My contact number is 877–389–7222. I am also attaching a copy of my resume for further reference.
Thank you once again for your valuable time, and it was a pleasure to meet you.
Sample Thank You Cover Letter After a Campus Interview
Jerome N. Dunn,
1783 Colonial Drive,
College Station, TX 77840.
Date: October 31, 2011.
Mr. William M. Rios,
4766 Charter Street.
Kansas City, KS 64106
Dear Mr. Rios,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your consideration and time for an interview for the position of marketing clerk in Odessay Associates. This is a dream come true for me, as I am very much interested in working with this organization. Frankly speaking, I do not have much exposure of the industry, but I have completed my internship and some mini projects in colleges, which will surely help in the development of the company.
I have passion and enthusiasm to work and a unique style of working. I hope that I could be able to bring new and innovative ideas and business proposals that would surely help in the growth and success of the company.
Hope to meet you again. Please refer to the attached resume for further reference. Thanks once again for your time and consideration.
Jerome N. Dunn