Construction Supervisor Cover Letter
Do you know what a cover letter is and what the main objective behind drafting the cover letter is? Basically, a cover letter is defined as a professional document, highlighting the essential; aspect of the resume in a better way. The main purpose of writing the construction supervisor cover letter is to get a call for the interview for the position of construction supervisor. It is important that the cover letter should be drafted in a professional and attractive manner, so that the recruiter may be impressed by the first look itself. There are some of the points that need to be taken care of while drafting a cover letter i.e.
Job responsibility of construction supervisor
- The cover letter should be informative and not lengthy, otherwise it may irritate the recruiter/reader.
- The cover letter should have a professional outlook.
- The information entered in the cover letter should be relevant and correct.
- The cover letter should highlight your credentials and other important facts about your professional and personal details.
- The cover letter should have correct vocabulary, spelling, grammar and sentence construction, and it should stick to the target.
- The formatting of the cover letter should be consistent.
There are some roles and responsibilities of construction supervisor that are discussed below:
- Keeps a keen watch on the overall construction activities.
- Manages labors, machines/equipment, and materials to a great extent.
- Prepared proper guidelines for the workers and co-workers.
- Prepares schedules or deadlines for the completion of tasks.
- Formulates construction and maintenance plans.
- Provides training to the new joiners and explains them the office policies under which they have to work.
- Ensures that the work is completed in the given time spam as well as the quality of the work.
- Prepares the final monthly report and submits it to the higher management.
- Performs negotiation with different construction organizations to set the budget or the cost related to raw materials.
- Prepares the feasibility report that includes if the production would be feasible or not. This feasibility report includes 3 things; technical feasibility, behavioral feasibility and economical feasibility.
- Takes risks at the time of emergency and has a good decision-making ability.
Sample Cover Letter for Construction Supervisor
Robert M. Artis,
4736 Stiles Street,
Crafton, PA 15205,
Date: October 18, 2011.
Mr. David S. Bristol,
1415 Monroe Street,
Spring, TX 77386.
Subject: Application for the post of construction supervisor
Reference: As referred by Mr. Jackson (Sr. Manager in ABS Constructions)
Dear Mr. Bristol,
With an overall experience of 9 years, I am applying for the post of construction supervisor in your organization, as suggested by Mr. Jackson who is a senior manager in ABS Constructions. According to our discussions and the eligibility criteria given to me, I hope that I suits to this profile. I will give a brief description about my roles and responsibilities in the current organization that includes preparing monthly report, successful decision making ability in the time of emergency, keeping a check on the overall construction activities, managing workers and materials, checking the quality of the services and preparing schedules for the completion of the tasks.
I am interested in joining your organization so that I could use my skill set for the development of the company/organization. I have also completed my graduation in the field of engineering in the civil stream from XYZ University. Along with that I have also completed Master's in Business Management (MBA) in Finance from XYZ University. The other details are contained in my resume attached with the cover letter.
Finally, thank you a lot for your valuable time in reading the cover letter. I would be eagerly waiting for a positive reply soon.
Robert M. Artis
Resume – myresume.doc
Scan copy of the graduation and post graduation certificate.
Xerox of salary slip of last 3 months (if required).
Copy of experience certificate from previous employer.
Copy of relieving letter from the previous employer.
You can refer to construction supervisor cover letter, as you will get a clear idea of how to draft a cover letter for the post of construction supervisor.