Construction Job Cover Letter
Nowadays, a cover letter is a better way to communicate with the recruiter for any job vacancy. A cover letter compliments a resume. A construction job cover letter acts as a career booster in applying for any construction jobs. It is important that you design a well-constructed cover letter. The main purpose of drafting the cover letter is to highlight the vital parts of the resume. In other words, the cover letter acts as a bridge between the job seeker and the recruiter. Through the cover letter, you can easily explain the positive part of your resume in a much better way. There are some points that needs to be taken care of while drafting the cover letter, i.e. the cover letter should be short and precise with correct information, the information entered in the cover letter should be correct and to the best of your knowledge.
Before sending the cover letter to the recruiter, make sure that it is grammatically correct, there is no spelling mistake, and the sentence construction is perfect. It is important that you follow a particular format for drafting the cover letter. Therefore, a professional structure of the cover letter is as follows:
- Start the cover letter with the information of the job seeker including the name of the job seeker, contact address along with the email id and telephone number
- Mention the current date or the date on which the letter is send to the recruiter/reader
- This is then followed by the details of the recruiter/reader including the name of the recruiter, designation of the recruiter, name of the organization and the address of the organization
- Then comes the subject line that includes the main purpose of drafting the cover letter i.e. the position for which you are applying
- Mention the reference i.e. the source from which you came to know about this job opening
- Then comes the main body of the cover letter that is divided into 3 sections; the introduction section or the header that includes the objective of writing the cover letter along with the job responsibilities, the middle section or the informative section that includes the professional qualifications, educational qualifications, project details, skill set and other related information and finally, we thank the recruiter or reader for their valuable time and consideration and also try to compel the recruiter to arrange the interview with you. In this section, show your eagerness in joining the organization.
- At the end of the cover letter, put your signature and then remember to attach the resume with the cover letter.
Sample Construction Job Cover Letter
Richard B. Cox,
201 Kembery Drive,
Lombard, IL 60148,
Date: October 21, 2011.
Mr. Carroll Y. Swarts,
4931 Fieldcrest Road,
New York, NY 10004.
Subject: Application for the post of construction worker in ABS Constructions
Reference: As referred by Mr. James Thomson, Senior Executive in XYZ Constructions
Dear Mr. Swarts,
I wish to take the opportunity to apply for the job of a construction worker in ABS Construction, as recommended by Mr. James Thomson who is a Senior Executive in XYZ Constructions. I have a total experience of 5 years in this field and currently I am associated with National Builders Pvt. Ltd. I am looking for a new and challenging role, and as per your job profile, I feel that it will give me the desired atmosphere to work and enhance my skill as well as career.
I hold a Diploma in Civil Construction from the School of Architecture. I am enthusiastic to work and adapt to any type of changes. My skills and experience could prove to be beneficial for the company's prospective.
So if my profile suits this post, do call me up at your convenience. I would be very happy to meet you in future. Thanks for your crucial time in reading the letter. I hope to hear a positive reply from your side soon. Please refer to the resume enclosed with the cover letter.
Richard B. Cox
Resume – myresume.doc
Copy of graduation certificate
Copy of the experience letter
Copy of the salary slip for the last 3 months
You can refer to this sample cover letter for the post of construction worker. Through this letter, you would certainly get a clear idea of how to draft a cover letter for the post of construction worker.