Advertising sales agent cover letter will give you a clear idea of how to draft a cover letter for the post of advertising sales agent. The main purpose of the cover letter is to get an interview call from the employer. A cover letter should be drafted in a systematic manner that includes:
- The information should be correct and relevant.
- The sentence construction should also be correct.
- There should not be any grammatical errors.
- There should not be any spelling mistakes.
- Do not use flowery languages i.e. use simple language.
The cover letter should have a professional look, and remember to attach the resume with the cover letter; it will be of no use. Following is the professional format for drafting the cover letter:
- Start the cover letter by introducing yourself (job seeker) that includes the name of the job seeker, address, email address and telephone number
- This is followed by the date on which you are drafting the cover letter or the current date
- After that mention the details of the employer/recruiter that includes the name of the recruiter, their designation, the name of the company and the address of the company
- Then comes the subject line of the cover letter that includes the main purpose of drafting the cover letter, i.e. the position for which you are applying
- This is followed by the reference (the source from where you came to know about the job vacancy). The reference can be from within the company itself or may be from some of the other person or placement agencies.
- Then comes the main body of the cover letter that is divided into 3 parts;
- The first part includes the main aim for drafting the cover letter. Mention some of the job responsibilities of your current organization
- The second part includes the academic qualifications, present and past experience, skill set, project details, and achievements. Also mention the contact details along with the email address and telephone number.
- The third and last part includes the salutation i.e. showing your gratitude in going through the cover letter and tries to convince them to arrange an interview with you.
- At the end of the cover letter, write your name with your signature. Do remember to attach your resume and the required document with the cover letter.
Sample Advertising Sales Agent Cover Letter
Ruben L. Smith,
3029 Roguski Road,
Shreveport, LA 71107,
Date: October 25, 2011.
Mr. Roman J. Beasley,
ABC Services Pvt. Ltd.,
2065 Locust Street,
Albany, GA 31701.
Subject: Application for the post of Advertising Sales Agent in ABC Services Pvt. Ltd.
Reference: Advertisement posted in the Times Newspaper dated October 21, 2011
Dear Mr. Beasley,
I am drafting this email in response to the advertisement posted in the Times Newspaper dated October 21, 2011 for the position of Advertising Sales Agent. I have an experience of 8 years in this advertising field, and currently I am associated with the ZS Advertizing Agency for the last 5 years. I am responsible for preparing a budget for the advertising services, dealing with domestic and foreign clients for business deals, identifying the current market situation and preparing the strategic planning according to the market survey. In addition to this, I am also responsible for conducting the seminars on sales and solving the queries of the customers to the best possible way.
My present and past professional experience and academic qualifications is self explanatory. The rest of the details are provided in the resume that is attached with the cover letter. According to the eligibility criteria in the advertisement, I hope to fulfill each of them.
Thanks for your consideration. I would be eagerly waiting for a positive reply from your side.
Ruben L. Smith
Scanned copies of certificate for graduation and post graduation
Last 3 months salary slips, if required
Relieving letter from the previous employer
Recommendation letter from the previous employer
Advertising sales agent cover letter will help you to draft your own cover letter for the position of advertising sales agent in any of the reputed organization. Make sure that the cover letter is not lengthy; it may irritate the recruiter and they may just ignore your resume. Be specific and relevant in providing your details.
Best of luck for future!