The success of the business depends on how good you are able to manage your financial activity through a proper accounting system. For this reason, companies usually prefer experienced candidates from finance and accounts background. Therefore, your accounting resume should include your professional history, training and knowledge for an accounting work.
If you want to brighten your chances of an interview with the prospective employers, try to consider the following elements in your accounting resume:
- Well-focused career objective
- Personal summary
- Experiences, education & training
- Awards and achievements
- Technical and additional skills
Denzel J. Smith
200 Short Street,
Austin, TX – 78702
Phone: (777) XXX-1234
A managerial position that is responsible in managing accounts and formulating ways and methods for the benefits of the company.
Nine years of experience as accounts manager, and excellent track record in allocating and managing finance for a variety of projects both nationally and internationally. Implemented ISO plans in all the companies worked before. I have the ability to build and train a team in bookkeeping and preparing a balance sheet for the company. I am a self-motivated and organized person with good interpretation and communication skills.
100th Accounts Street
Following are my current responsibilities as an accounts manager:
- To oversee all the accounting procedure done regularly in the company
- Planning budget for short-term and long-term projects on domestic and international levels
- Reviewing and renewing clients’ contracts that are best for the company’s interest
- Coordinating with the project team and updating vice-president accounts on the status of the project on a weekly basis
- To ensure all the accounting work is done as per the standard accounting practices
- To manage training programs for the accounts team every quarterly about new changes in the accounting business
- Communicating with clients for new proposals, payment collections, etc.
- To help in the administration of the company to bring down the miscellaneous expenses of the company
Jack & Jack Traders
220 Trading Street
- Participated in the half-yearly audit of J&J Traders, and contributed my knowledge in identifying and correcting the accounting problems
- Received recognition as the employee of the year for 2005, and won a five-day trip to UK
- Developed skills and expertise in entering the financial transactions in the excel spreadsheet in lesser time than usual
- Trained a staff of seven people for preparing the balance sheet of the company
- Prepared financial reports as per the GAAP standard and presented it to the director accounts
- Participated in all the budget meetings of the company
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from AAA University, Texas
- Mr. Jason K. Clark
Your accounting experiences and qualifications will not match with this accounting resume sample, but it will help you in drafting your resume to highlight your roles and responsibilities.